Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your Name Here

It's interesting that every time you post a comment to someone else's blog through blogger you have the option to choose your identity. Shall I be me? Shall I be an anonymous breeze passing through? Though, come to think of it, they could expand the options a bit more. Maybe I want to be pants-less and undercaffeinated. Or, which might be more appropriate, desperately commenting on other people's blogs so that they will take time out from their lives, which are probably more fascinating than mine, to post comments on my blog so I can be FAMOUS. Insert evil cackle.

In the interest of being nakedly honest and sincere (always dangerous) this blog serves three purposes. One is to enable me to barf out whatever dance and literary inspired nonsense is swimming through my head at any given time. Another is to chart my journey from unpublished author to published author. (Fingers crossed!) The final is to try and connect with the world at large. For a long time I have been comfortable with an identity that doesn't need things from other people. This is stupid and prideful. So, I am going to be a grown-up and ask for something from you. Please follow my blog. Please share in the discourse. Please help me to grow up and to become a better person and artist. Please let me know if you want me to follow your blog or twitter or whatever.

It'll be cool. :)

Greensleeves - Vince Guaraldi Trio

3 comments: