Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Post in Which I am Stylish

My first award! Carrie at Kiwi's Life gave me the Stylish Blogger award. It's a good thing she couldn't see me sitting here in my jammies with my hair sticking up straight. ;)


Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to bloggers whom you have recently discovered and who you think are great.
4. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know about the award.


Okay... 7 things about me.

1. I don't eat any meat or poultry. This is for moral, psychological and health-related reasons. I haven't eaten meat for about ten years. I do, however eat fish. So, real vegetarians probably consider me a sell-out.

2. I have a habit of leaving half-empty water glasses all over the place. It makes my husband crazy. I think he'll change his mind when it ends up saving us from the aliens.

3. I enjoy scrapbooking. Lately most of my extra time is consumed with writing, but I do find putting together the perfect scrapbook page very therapeutic.

4. I'm obsessed with cheese crunchies. They're my favorite writing snack.

5. Places I feel most at home: libraries, theaters, bookstores, Trader Joes.

6. As a dancer I have horrendous turn-out, short Achilles tendons, shoulders that don't like to stay down, and difficulty executing petite allegro. All the same, I think I'm pretty good. :)

7. As a dancer I have excellent feet, lots of articulation in my spine, decent hip placement (finally!), and a wide range of movement qualities. I also cover the floor like a demon. Most of my dancing is in the service of telling a story. That is when I am at my best performance-wise. However, I think my strengths lie in my work as a choreographer. If I could spend the rest of my days making dances and writing stories, I'd be one happy kitten. I'm the director of a nonprofit professional contemporary dance company, but we're currently on hiatus. I've also got a gaggle of pretty awesome dance students, some of which are well on their way to professional careers and will probably be much better dancers than I am.

Sometimes I write too much.

I'm passing this award on to:

If I didn't pass the award on to you, it doesn't mean that I don't think you are stylish. Picking people is a lot of pressure! You're all stylish to me.

So. That is that.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Sarah!

    On another note, I am also a vegetarian who eats seafood! I thought I was the only one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I like reading about your dance stuff :) It was always something I wanted to do (instead I played soccer), so I don't think you write too much! YET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! And I do the same thing with water! When my husband and I first met we joked that it would be useful in an alien invasion (thank you Signs). So glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award!

    And I'm happy to be a new follower. It's always nice to "meet" a fellow writer from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly - You're welcome!

    Erin - I haven't run into too many. Seafood here in Seattle is so tasty that it would take more willpower than I possess to say "no" to it. Plus, so healthy! We can start a very small club. :)

    Suzanne - You're welcome!

    Jessica - Thanks! I'm glad you like hearing about it. I learned a long time ago not to talk about dance too much, because most people's eyes start to glaze over. ;) Heh, I like the qualifier at the end of that statement.

    Tracey - Heh, that's so totally random. Poor hubby. He's a lot neater than me. :/

    Jennifer - Thanks for coming by! And, congratulations on your upcoming release! As you write thrillers, are you a frequenter of the Seattle Mystery Bookstore? That's one of my favorite places around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sarah -- I LOVE the Seattle Mystery Bookstore! It's one of my fave places here too, though I don't make it in as often as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award and to the winners!! I love the way you described your body in relation to dancing. It's incredible how years of dance literally shapes us!

    ReplyDelete