Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Plan

I'm a bit shy to admit this, but I'm considering epubbing. No, not my novel. I'm still gonna try and find a more traditional home for my baby. But, I have this other project I've been working on, a novelette/short story that is completely bizarre/dark/funny and I'm thinking about epubbing it. Thinking to the extent that I've polished it up and created a book cover.

Why? It feels like we are at the brink of something new and exciting. The publishing world is changing every day and I'd like to be able to say I was a part of it. Even if only in a small way. I've read other people's stories of epubbing and I'd like to create a few of my own. Plus, maybe I'll find a few weirdos who actually like this twisted little story. (Really. It is twisted. Super twisted. Sometimes I have a dark sense of humor.)

So, yeah. Why does this feel like a confession? Aherm. Okay. Hope everyone is well and doing a better job of adjusting to daylight savings than I am.

Awesome beer commercial:

7 comments:

  1. I have a couple of friends who have done this and I think it's a great way to go with something smaller/more obscure that you're not sure where it fits but you know it fits somewhere...

    If you do it, I look forward to reading/seeing the results ^_^ Self/e-pubbing isn't the stigma it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your journey with the epubbing!

    And I just bought that song the other day! I love their stuff! Check out Around the Bend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard lots of good things about e-pubbing. I'm just too scared to take the plunge! Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's completely awesome and I can't wait to check it out!! You are absolutely right about the publishing world changing and are very smart to keep that in mind with your pursuits. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people seem to be epubbing these days--and I've read a lot of good things about it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should try it. Especially if you think it would be hard to find a traditional publisher for your story. It sounds like a lot of work but seeing other people have success makes me interested to see how other people do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys! Thanks for the support. I can't imagine the story getting published through traditional means. It's too long for a short story and too short for much else. Plus, a mix of horror/humor that would have a hard time finding a home. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

    ReplyDelete