Friday, March 11, 2011

Random Uninteresting Stuff

So, this week has been a little strange. My brain is even more like a hyperactive puppy than usual, so you'll have to excuse the disoriented tone of this entry. ;) Sometimes everything stacks up into a series of steps, each growing more intimidating as it swings wildly in the air. Then, there's nothing to do but hide under your arms and hope for mercy. Or, try and accomplish things one step at a time. Or, blog about it. I think you can figure out which plan I've chosen. :)

Other stuff:

Stuff One: I'm on Goodreads. Here: Sarah. Initially I dismissed the site as just another silly way to waste time. Then, I started wasting time on it. If you friend me, I can waste even more time. So. That would awesome. Ahem. *rubs toe nervously in the dirt*

Stuff Two: There's this Twitter thing all the kids are doing. Follow me and I'll follow you. We can tweet each other. You'll get a full serving of Sarah everyday. Which I know you've been dying for.

Stuff Three: I have sixty followers? When did this happen? I'd just like to say a quick thank you to everyone. I'll try to keep providing you with the same subpar level of information and random photos of scary cats you've come to expect. Speaking of which...
















Stuff Three. Whoops, no, we're on Four now: Smashwords Expedition. Yes, it is still happening. I'm still holding out hope. If you have any experience with the site, whether it be downloading or uploading, let me know! I'm a little lost in the jungle and would love a helpful finger to point me in the direction of all the awesome YA ebooks waiting to be downloaded.

Stuff Five: Sometimes I just like linking things. There's a lot of joy to be found in creating links. I hope you like them as much as I do. :)

Stuff Six: So, I'm jumping around between writing projects a little bit right now. Do you ever find yourself doing this? Working in several different documents at the same time?

Woo!

So, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing weekend. My thoughts are with everyone effected by the earthquake. Is it just me, or does it feel like the whole earth is starting to fall down around us? It is hard to know what to do or say in times like these, so I generally fall back on the advice my dance teacher gave after 9/11. Make sure the people you love know you love them. That is all.


Reader's log:
24. Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garci & Margaret Stohl

5 comments:

  1. Added you as a friend on GoodReads...I love that site!

    Re: jumping around on writing projects, I'm usually a single-minded-work-on-it-until-it's-done kind of person. I'm envious of people who can jump around because I think that would help me get "un-stuck" at times, but whenever I try that, I end up feeling anxious that I left the other project undone, so it's not helpful at all!

    Happy writing. Enjoy your weekend!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the add!

    I guess I'm a little distractible when it comes to my writing projects. If things are going well there is no way you could peel me away. But, sometimes I need to shift into another mode before I can come back to whatever is giving me problems. *shrug* Probably comes from choreographing twenty different dances at the same time. My brain has gotten used to working in that mode.

    Happy weekend to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat is terrifying :)

    I like your dance teacher's advice. It's not just you...the world is feeling a little scary at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GoodReads is next on my list of sites to add, haha. I'm excited to hear more about it from you! Also thinking of joining Twitter. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete