Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday #70: Whoooo are you?

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs.


The prompt:


Don't laugh, but when I was a young teenager I primarily wanted to be one thing:

















Jennifer Beal's character in Flashdance. Yeah... She had awesome clothes, a glamorously dingy existence, groovy soundtrack, and a dream. What more does a girl need? Somehow my brain managed to skip over the fact she was a stripper. Not important! She was the coolest person I could imagine.

Fortunately, I did not grow up to be a stripper. Or a welder.

:)

11 comments:

  1. I too did not grow up to be a stripper or a welder. My parents are reasonably relieved. However, I would have been happy to learn how to weld. It sounds nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie. Also managed to skip over the stripper part in my brain. I recently downloaded the song Maniac on my Just Dance game on the Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie too! because I love anything about dance. I had the album of the soundtrack too. :) I exercised to those songs--great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. if you grew up to be her, you'd have awesome snapshots like that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes. Loved that movie and especially the soundtrack. I was married by then, and so I did once do a strip to one of the songs for my hubbie. He loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heck yeah, I love FLASHDANCE!

    did you know the body double in the scene where she spins on her back at the end is a GUY? named CRAZY LEGS? no lie.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashdance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey man, there's a lot of money in welding. Just saying... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I love how these posts are taking me back in time!

    Take your passion. And make it happen.

    My forever mantra. Love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you are not a stripper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But you ARE a dancer - aren't they related? ;P

    (I kid, I kid).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a friend who is a stripper - she is all that stuff. Profession is very crazy - but she's got it going on. I need to watch this movie...seen the clips. Great post!

    ReplyDelete