Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebratory Blog Post

I did it! I finished my first draft of Mysterious Other Novel! Yay, yay, yay! There's lots that needs fixing, but I'm very pleased with the speed at which I finished this draft and the actual content of the story. I'm getting quicker and smarter. Go me!

Hang out and have a theoretical drink with me! I'm going to celebrate by congratulating myself repeatedly, so it should be fun.

I gotta say, this is a daring little novel and I'm scared of what people's response to it will be. It pokes at a few things that might not want to be poked at. They say to write about what frightens you most and that's what I did. It's freakishly honest. Honest in a scary way. I'm going to have to be careful with the rewrites. There's an easy interpretation, then there's the slightly more complex, actual meaning of the book. I'd like it if the latter came across, but in a whisper, not a mallet-over-the-head kind of way. Bah! Writing is hard!

Anyway... first draft is done!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm cracking open a bottle of champagne. WOO HOO!

    The book sounds fabulous. You had me at "daring".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know that this must feel incredible. Yes, some things need to be poked at and shaken a tad. In fact, most notions we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Congrats! This is such a great feeling. I just finished one as well. Enjoy the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! Congratulations. It's such an awesome feeling when you finish a draft, even when you know there is a lot more work to be done. Just getting to the end is an achievement though, so enjoy that drink and put your feet up for a day or so.

    ReplyDelete